Two Carbon Monoxide Stories In The News Yesterday

At least two carbon monoxide stories appeared in the news yesterday, one in Mosinee, WI and the other in Atlanta, GA. This is two too many. It is becoming disheartening seeing all of the carbon monoxide poisoning that occurs and that could be prevented with simple actions. The stories may have different details, but they […]

Fire District Works to Raise Carbon Monoxide Detector Awareness in Plainfield, IL

Fire District Works to Raise Carbon Monoxide Detector Awareness in Plainfield, IL When a tragedy strikes, sometimes people will take action, as did the Plainfield Fire District raising carbon monoxide detector awareness after a poisoning. It has been four months since a woman and her daughter died in their Plainfield, IL home due to carbon […]

Manitowoc, WI Poisoning Sickened Several People

The Manitowoc, WI poisoning affected several people in the apartments and a restaurant in the building on Washington Street on October 31, 2016. The story was reported in the Herald Times Reporter. The first responders had a rescue squad set up on Washington Street, where sick, some unconscious people were being carried. This is almost […]

Bourbonnais CO Poisoning Sent At Least 48 to the Hospital

While no dangerous carbon monoxide (CO) levels have yet been identified in the Bourbonnais CO poisoning, several staff and students had elevated CO levels, according to a statement released by the Bourbonnais Elementary School District. The building was still evacuated as more students presented with headaches and nausea, according to the press release by the Bourbonnais […]

Bourbonnais Fire Dept. on LeVasseur Elementary School Carbon Monoxide

Fire Department Press Release on LeVasseur Elementary School Carbon Monoxide Poisoning From: Jen Warmoth  Subject: 3/16/2017 – Press Release At 1:02 pm the Bourbonnais Fire Protection District responded to 601 W. Bethel (LeVasseur Elementary School) for an unknown odor in the building.  We responded with an engine and ambulance.  No readings of CO or readings of […]

Carbon Monoxide School Poisoning in Bourbonnais Noel LeVasseur Elementary School

School Poisoning in Bourbonnais Blamed on Carbon Monoxide By Attorney Gordon Johnson Carbon Monoxide strikes another school again in Illinois, this time it is a in school poisoning in Bourbonnais. Around 30 students and three adults were taken to hospitals on March 16, 2017 after a carbon monoxide exposure at Noel LeVasseur Elementary School in Bourbonnais. […]

Michigan CO Poisoning Could Have Been Fatal

A Michigan CO poisoning was not deadly, thanks to the family’s carbon monoxide alarm. A mother and her young child were saved by a carbon monoxide alarm at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning in Portland, Mich, according to the Ionia Sentinel-Standard. The two were transported to Sparrow Ionia Hospital. Upon arrival of emergency personnel, the mother […]

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Alaska Strikes Twice

If you heard about one carbon monoxide poisoning close to home, it is enough to scare you. When you hear of two carbon monoxide poisonings, it is enough to take preventative actions. This is what happened after carbon monoxide poisoning in Alaska struck twice. On Monday, Feb. 20, one person died and seven were hospitalized […]

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Chicago Hits West Side Family

West Side Family Hospitalized in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Chicago The latest carbon monoxide poisoning in Chicago involves children. A tragedy is almost always made worse when there are children involved. This rule of thumb is no different with the carbon monoxide poisoning in Chicago Saturday. The colorless, odorless, tasteless gas can be a silent killer. […]