Posts

CO Detectors Never Installed At N.C. Hotel Where 3 Died

Here are some more disturbing findings coming out of the investigation of the Boone, N.C., hotel where three guests apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning and died. The Charlotte Observer reported Sunday that the Best Western hotel…

One Dead, 16 Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Farm

One person was killed and 16 suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning at a packing facility at a North Carolina farm Friday night, according to the Asheville Citizen-Times. http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20130804/NEWS/308040059/Toxic-fumes-blamed-Macon-farm-worker-death?nclick_check=1 EMTs…

North Carolina Law Would Mandate Hotel Carbon Monoxide Alarms

After the senseless deaths of three people, it looks like North Carolina will be passing legislation that would require hotels to put carbon monoxide detectors next to fuel-burning appliances, the Charlotte News & Observer reported Wednesday. http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/10/3022424/nc-bill-require-co-detectors-in.html The…

Police Widen Probe In N.C. Hotel Carbon Monoxide Deaths

Police in North Carolina have broadened their investigation the deaths of  three guests of carbon monoxide poisoning at a hotel, now looking at two additional hotels owned by the same company, according to WRAL. http://www.wral.com/boone-hotel-carbon-monoxide-death-probe-continues/12634505/ Authorities…