Posts

Two people died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning last Saturday afternoon in their condominium in the city of Milton, Wis., the Rock County Sheriff’s Department reported. http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/92024159.html

Joan Leith, 66, and James Folk, 68, were found by their relatives, a press release from the sheriff’s department said.

And seven other residents of the condo complex were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene.

Authorities suspect that the two victims were killed by fatal fumes from their car, which was left running in its garage until the battery died. Police said they believed the car’s engine had been left running in the garage since Friday night.

The sheriff’s press release didn’t say whether the car was left with its engine on purposely, or by accident. Foul play isn’t suspected.

 The condo building was evacuated Saturday afternoon as the Milton Fire Department and Alliant Energy looked for a gas leak, But they found none.