Posts

Thomas Cook Wins Damages Over Two CO Deaths At Greek Hotel

Unfortunately, the United States isn't the only country where guests are being killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels. There has been some legal resolution over the deaths of Christianne Shepherd, 7, and her brother Robert, 6, who succumbed…

North Carolina Law Would Mandate Hotel Carbon Monoxide Alarms

After the senseless deaths of three people, it looks like North Carolina will be passing legislation that would require hotels to put carbon monoxide detectors next to fuel-burning appliances, the Charlotte News & Observer reported Wednesday. http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/10/3022424/nc-bill-require-co-detectors-in.html The…

Three Dead After CO Poisoning In North Carolina Hotel

You run a hotel where an elderly married couple died several months ago, and toxicology reports are still pending on their deaths. But carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected. Yet you rent out that same room where they died, and an 11-year-old…

Wisconsin Hotel Evacuted Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak

Dozens of guests at a hotel in Oshkosh, Wis., were evacuated Monday morning because of a carbon monoxide leak, according to The Oshkosh Northwestern.http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20130513/OSH0101/305130299/Oshkosh-hotel-evacuated-after-carbon-monoxide-leak?nclick_check=1Oshkosh…

Reno Hotel Evacuated After Carbon Monoxide Leak

A Reno, Nev., hotel was evacuated Saturday after several guests got ill from carbon monoxide, according to KTVN-TV. http://www.ktvn.com/story/22226084/elevated-carbon-monoxide-levels-prompt-evacuation-in-downtown-reno The Reno Fire Department…

Maryland Hotel Evacuated After Carbon Monoxide Leak

About 50 people were evacuated from a Holiday Inn Express in Maryland early Monday morning because of an apparent carbon monoxide leak, according to Patch.com. http://elkridge.patch.com/articles/carbon-monoxide-levels-spike-at-elkridge-hotel The…

West Virginia Hotel Faces Third Lawsuit Over Fatal Carbon Monoxide Leak

A third lawsuit has been filed over a carbon monoxide leak at a Charleston, W.Va., hotel that killed one guest and injured other lodgers. The newest suit was filed April 10 by Shirley and Tony Linn, who live in Patterson, La., according to…

Charleston Hotel Faces Second Suit Over Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a carbon monoxide leak that killed one man and allegedly injured another in  South Charleston, W.Va., according to the Charleston Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.com/News/201204120100 Bain…

Four Hospitalized For Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Green Bay Hotel

In the second unfortunate case of this type I've seen recently, four guests -- including two children -- at the Hilton Garden Inn  in Green Bay were hospitalized for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Friday, according to the Green Bay…