Posts

A carbon monoxide leak from a pool heater resulted in five Hampton Inn guests in Arkansas being hospitalized Monday night, and the entire hotel being evacuated, according to the Siloam Springs Daily Leader.

http://hl.nwaonline.com/news/2013/jan/22/5-hospitalized-signs-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/?print

The incident happened at the inn on U.S. 421 in Siloam Springs, with the first report of carbon monoxide poisoning coming about 8:30 p.m. Monday from a 54-year-old man who felt sick, “dizzy” with a “rapid heart  beat,” the Daily Leader reported.

Another hotel occupant reported the same symptoms two hours later, and EMTs contacted the local gas company, which found the leak from the pool heater.

Five people were taken to Siloam Springs Regional Hospital for treatment. One of the victims was apparently unconscious in his room, and EMTs had to force their way in to get him out, according to the Daily Leader.

Just over 30 people were evacuated from the hotel, with 25 guests sent to a Best Western in West Siloam Springs, Okla., the Daily Leader reported. The Hampton Inn reopened at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.