Posts

The El Cortez Hotel in Reno had its second carbon monoxide leak in three weeks, according to KOLO.

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/El-Cortez-Hotel-Evacuated-Due-to-Carbon-Monoxide-Leak-209803021.html

On Saturday visitors were evacuated from the hotel after a carbon monoxide detector sounded an alert. Several local fire department engines responded to the scene, KOLO said. The visitors were later allowed to return to the El Cortez. No one was hospitalized.

Authorities believe that a water heater was the source of the deadly gas, KOLO reported. The hotel was without hot water for some time, which forced a ground floor restaurant to be closed.

On May 11 the El Cortez had a similar carbon monoxide leak. In that incident, 12 people were hospitalized.