Posts

New Hampshire Hotel Evacuated, And 11 Ill, Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak

Another day, seemingly the same headline. It’s carbon-monoxide poisoning season, with yet another hotel, this one in New Hampshire, having to be evacuated because of the deadly gas. Eleven people, including nine guests, became ill Monday…

Gas Vent Dampers Recalled by Effikal Due to Carbon Monoxide Hazard

The recall involves Effikal RVGP-PC Gas Vent Damper size 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 which are installed with the gas boiler systems listed below. The vent damper date code is located on a sticker under the motor assembly cap on the plastic base.…

Paraguay architect sentenced in deadly market fire

Date: 9/24/2008 8:06 PMASUNCION, Paraguay (AP) _ A Paraguayan court convicted an architect of negligence Wednesday and sentenced him to two years in prison for faulty construction of a supermarket where 420 people died in a fire.The three-judge…

Portable Carbon Monoxide Detectors

One of the greatest risks of carbon monoxide poisoning is staying at hotels and ski lodges. Sadly, most states do not mandate CO detectors in all hotel rooms. The solution? A portable carbon monoxide detector. Where to get one? Finding…