Posts

Carbon Monoxide and Boating?

It is winter, below zero here in Wisconsin this week, and I am warning about boating and carbon monoxide? As I joked to a friend who asked me about sailing - the water is a little hard right now. Still, the carbon monoxide story of the day…

Winter Kills - Carbon Monoxide Claims Many More

This winter of 2008, there have been two well publicized mass shootings in my part time home state of Illinois, and many more mass killings from Carbon Monoxide. Even the election cycle news had to take a pause for the Northern Illinois tragedy.…

Boilers and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The temperature is plummeting in the upper midwest, and the number of carbon monoxide poisoning cases is skyrocketing. This time it was Libertyville, IL. One man dead. The culprit, a malfunctioning hot water boiler for a car wash, in an enclosed…

Two More Dead

Two more days, two more dead, and one in critical condition: The bodies of two Chickasaw, Alabama residents were removed from a home after apparently being poisoned by carbon monoxide. Click here for the breaking news.

And Again - Hotel without Carbon Monoxide Detectors

It is three days since my last rant about hotels and carbon monoxide detectors, and once again 17 more people are hospitalized with dangerous carbon monoxide levels at a hotel. A hotel which is part of a national chain, a chain that does not…

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Strikes Again

It has been a few days since our last blog and two more news stories have hit the national news about carbon monoxide poisoning. The first involved what seems to be good news, the second tragedy. Both may have far more tragic results than…

January is the deadliest month for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

According to a new study by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the first month of the year is the worst for carbon monoxide poisoning. At least two people die each day from carbon-monoxide poisoning in January—three times…

More Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Three Dead in Providence, Rhode IslandIt seems every day, there is another story of a someone dying of carbon monoxide poisoning. Today the blame was a faulty boiler in Providence, Rhode Island. As too often is the case, carbon monoxide poisoning…