Posts

Milwaukee Church Evacuated Over High Carbon Monoxide Levels

An estimated 60 and 70 people were evacuated Tuesday night from a church in Milwaukee when high carbon monoxide levels were found at the building, according to a story by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/83417097.htmlFire…

The Roots of Hope

Yesterday, as I browsed the internet for headlines, I tuned into CNN for some background noise and by the end of the day my mood was as dark as the news. I have made it a habit to not tune into news channels for that very reason. Don’t take…

Carbon Monoxide and Pets

It is very sobering to realize how many people are affected by carbon monoxide every year. These incidents always go up during natural disasters or power outages, like the one affecting so many right now.As much as we hear about carbon monoxide…

Wash. woman dies; carbon monoxide found

January 6, 2009THE ASSOCIATED PRESSDENVER -- Investigators say a boiler vent damaged during a recent windstorm may have led to the high levels of carbon monoxide that left one college student dead.Denver's Chief Deputy Coroner Michelle Weiss-Samaras…

65 children sickened by carbon monoxide in China

Date: 12/25/2008 7:29 AMBEIJING (AP) — Sixty-five elementary school students in northern China were poisoned by carbon monoxide after smoke from a dormitory boiler seeped into their rooms, state media reported Thursday.Nineteen were still…

Carbon monoxide sends 29 to Wash. state hospital

Date: 12/16/2008 11:00 PMBC-Carbon Monoxide,2nd Ld-Writethru/221BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — Nearly 30 people at a seafood business were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said Tuesday.Bellingham Fire Chief Bill Boyd said they…

Carbon Monoxide: The statistical data

Facts about carbon monoxide poisoning:Most signs and symptoms of CO exposure are nonspecific (e.g., headache or nausea) and can be mistakenly attributed to other causes, such as viral illnesses. Undetected or unsuspected CO exposure can result…

Islanders who insisted on staying died in Ike

Date: 10/4/2008 1:58 PMBy MONICA RHORAssociated Press WriterGALVESTON, Texas (AP) _ The final hours brought the awful realization to victims of Hurricane Ike that they had waited too long. This storm wasn't like the others, the ones that left…

Paraguay architect sentenced in deadly market fire

Date: 9/24/2008 8:06 PMASUNCION, Paraguay (AP) _ A Paraguayan court convicted an architect of negligence Wednesday and sentenced him to two years in prison for faulty construction of a supermarket where 420 people died in a fire.The three-judge…

Carbon monoxide poisoning left two tenants unconscious

BREWER, Maine (AP) — Carbon monoxide poisoning left two tenants unconscious and sickened many more in a 31-unit apartment complex, fire officials said. Officials believe a separated vent pipe from a new water heater allowed the colorless,…