Posts

Va. Hotel Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak

A word to the wise for hotel owners: Why don’t you just install carbon monoxide detectors, whether the law requires you to or not? In the latest incident involving a carbon monoxide leak at a hotel, on Wednesday more than 70 people had to…

Carbon Monoxide Exposure After Car Accidentally Left Running In Garage

The CDC-Center for Disease Control and Prevention recently stated in their weekly report that Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is a leading cause of unintentional poisoning deaths in the United States. CO poisoning is preventable, nonetheless,…

Florida Woman Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning From Generator

A 41-year-old Florida woman, who apparently was using a generator for heat because she couldn’t pay her electric bill, died from carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday. http://www.wesh.com/news/23033192/detail.html When paramedics responded…

Three Dead In Long Island From Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Houseboat

It is another generator run indoors case.Three people died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unconscious on a houseboat in Huntington Harbor, Long Island, N.Y. http://www.lohud.com/article/20100324/NEWS05/3240358/-1/newsfront/Carbon-monoxide-suspected-in-3-deaths-on-Long-Island-houseboatThe…

Four in Nebraska Almost Killed As Car Is Left Running in Garage

Four people nearly died of carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday in Nebraska after a car was left running in a home’s attached garage. http://www.omaha.com/article/20100316/NEWS01/100319699 Authorities were investigating the near-fatal incident…

Pennyslvania Food Store Evacuated As A Half Dozen Fall Ill To Carbon Monoxide

A Giants Food Store in Forks Township, Pa., had to be evacuated Monday as at least a half dozen people got sick from carbon monoxide poisoning. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2010/03/carbon_monoxide_poisoning_sick.html The…

New Jersey Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Using Generator When Storm Knocked Out Power

Sometimes, I just wished more people could read our warnings about the risk of carbon monoxide exposure.  What I have come to learn about carbon monoxide and the news, if there is a big storm that knocks out power, someone will die because…

Carbon Monoxide Forces Evacuation of 35 From Eight Manhattan Buildings

It’s not terribly often that one reads about building evacuations in Manhattan due to high levels of carbon monoxide, but that’s what happened this past Sunday. Thirty five people were forced out of eight Upper West Side buildings after…

Wisconsin Gov. Signs Law Requiring C.O. Detectors

Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle Wednesday signed a bill that mandates that state residents put carbon monoxide detectors in their residences. http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/87282252.html Under the new law, carbon monoxide detectors will…

Kentucky Family Saved By Carbon Monoxide Detector

A carbon monoxide detector saved a Lexington, Ky., family from being poisoned by the deadly gas. http://www.wtvq.com/news/2450-carbon-monoxide-detector-alerts-familyThe family, which lives on Lakeview Drive, were alerted to the gas at 2 a.m.…