Posts

Carbon Monoxide Easily Passes Through Drywall, Study Says

A new study has discovered a pretty disturbing, deadly fact: The lethal gas carbon monoxide can pass through gypsum wallboard, better known as drywall. Simply put, your home's own walls won't protect you from the poisonous gas that could filter…

Va. Hotel Evacuated Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak

A word to the wise for hotel owners: Why don’t you just install carbon monoxide detectors, whether the law requires you to or not? In the latest incident involving a carbon monoxide leak at a hotel, on Wednesday more than 70 people had to…

Hotels Should Do The Right Thing And Install Carbon Monoxide Alarms

If the topic wasn't so serious, the hospitality industry's arguments about why there is no need for it to install carbon monoxide detectors in hotel rooms would be funny. But death isn't a laughing matter. The industry tried to justify its…

Nevada Supreme Court To Consider Legal Issues From Motel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Nevada Supreme Court will be reviewing a case stemming from an incident where four guests of a motel died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Courthouse News Service. They were killed at the Casino West Motel in Yerington, Nev.,…

Sister Of Man Killed By Carbon Monoxide In W.Va. Hotel Lauds State's New Law

Laurie Pendergast is taking action to ensure that her brother's death wasn't in vain. The Rhode Island woman is pushing for legislation across many states to mandate that hotels have carbon monoxide detectors, according to a story posted online…