Posts

Post-Hurricane Sandy, Five Carbon Monoxide Deaths In New Jersey

Hurricane Sandy is continuing to kill people on the East Coast. No, I'm not talking about people hit by falling trees, or any one else drowning. I'm referring to carbon monoxide poisoning deaths. So far in New Jersey alone, at least five people…

Maryland Fire Officials Warn Of Carbon-Monoxide Dangers Of Generators

Last summer, a man in Ellicott City, Md., died of carbon monoxide poisoning after using a generator when power was knocked out by Hurricane Irene. Local officials are trying to prevent a repeat of that tragedy in the wake of powerful storms…

New Jersey Couple Dies Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Trying To Keep Warm After Freak Fall Snowstorm

Unfortunately, it's no surprise that last weekend's freak snowstorm in the Northeast, which knocked out power for days in New Jersey and Connecticut, would end up killing people. Or perhaps rather, that carbon monoxide would wind up killing…

Home Generators Found Indoors – Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Result

Thousands of homeowners in the U. S. purchase backup power generators in case their electrical power is interrupted.  A significant and potentially fatal to humans and pets problem continually occurs with each severe storm and the use of gasoline…

Four Family Members Killed By Carbon Monoxide In Their California Home

Here's a scene that will be played out again and again during the winter when poor people's electricity is turned off. Four family members were found dead in their Oakhurst, Calif., home Sunday, victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.  http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17122304?nclick_check=1  The…

Landlord Set To Stand Trial On Criminal Charges In The Carbon Monoxide Deaths Of Three Tenants

 In an unusual case, a landlord in Long Island, N.Y., is about to stand trial for criminally negligent homicide in the deaths of three tenants who succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.   http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/landlord-charged-in-deaths-may-have-to-defend-himself-1.1989666  It's…

Carbon Monoxide From Generator Sickens Family Of 11 In New York State

When you don't have any electricity, I guess you don't think about the potential danger of using a portable generator in your home. But you should, as a family in the Mohawk Valley area of New York found out last week. Some 11 family members were sent…

Two Carbon Monoxide Victims In Arizona Were Rodeo Cowboys

Two teenagers found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their pickup truck in Scottsdale, Ariz., had just participated in a Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association competition. http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_d9f11e12-473b-11df-8b87-001cc4c03286.html Mike…

Two New Mexican Teens Die of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Arizona

Two teenagers from Roswell, N.M., died inside the camper shell of a pickup truck in Scottsdale, Ariz., of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to The Arizona Republic.  http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/12/20100412two-bodies-found-in-scottsdale-camper-truck.html The…

Three Dead In Long Island From Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Houseboat

It is another generator run indoors case.Three people died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unconscious on a houseboat in Huntington Harbor, Long Island, N.Y. http://www.lohud.com/article/20100324/NEWS05/3240358/-1/newsfront/Carbon-monoxide-suspected-in-3-deaths-on-Long-Island-houseboatThe…