Two More Dead

Two more days, two more dead, and one in critical condition: The bodies of two Chickasaw, Alabama residents were removed from a home after apparently being poisoned by carbon monoxide. Click here for the breaking news.

And Again – Hotel without Carbon Monoxide Detectors

It is three days since my last rant about hotels and carbon monoxide detectors, and once again 17 more people are hospitalized with dangerous carbon monoxide levels at a hotel. A hotel which is part of a national chain, a chain that does not require carbon monoxide detectors in each room. Comfort Suites. But this […]

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Strikes Again

It has been a few days since our last blog and two more news stories have hit the national news about carbon monoxide poisoning. The first involved what seems to be good news, the second tragedy. Both may have far more tragic results than appears at present. The good news story involves a family of […]

January is the deadliest month for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

According to a new study by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the first month of the year is the worst for carbon monoxide poisoning. At least two people die each day from carbon-monoxide poisoning in January—three times the fatality rate recorded in August and July. Fatalities were highest among men and senior […]

More Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Three Dead in Providence, Rhode Island It seems every day, there is another story of a someone dying of carbon monoxide poisoning. Today the blame was a faulty boiler in Providence, Rhode Island. As too often is the case, carbon monoxide poisoning wasn’t the first concern – foul play was. http://www.projo.com/news/content/Death_Folo_01-09-08_458HQ0N_v27.287d59c.html But improperly installing a […]