Man indicted in Ohio house fire that killed 9

Date: 10/1/2008 6:10 PMBy THOMAS J. SHEERANCLEVELAND (AP) _ A man already in prison on drug and weapons charges was indicted Wednesday in a 2005 house fire that killed nine people, including eight children at a birthday sleepover.Antun Lewis,…

Paraguay architect sentenced in deadly market fire

Date: 9/24/2008 8:06 PMASUNCION, Paraguay (AP) _ A Paraguayan court convicted an architect of negligence Wednesday and sentenced him to two years in prison for faulty construction of a supermarket where 420 people died in a fire.The three-judge…

Another Camping Carbon Monoxide Tragedy

Three campers' family event became tragic when they were exposed to carbon monoxide fumes while relaxing inside their camper which was mounted on the bed of the family pick-up truck. Faulty air conditioner wires are believed to have caused…

2 die in New York City apartment fire

Date: 8/10/2008 10:22 AMBC-NY-Deadly Fire/104Eds: APNewsNow.NEW YORK (AP) _ Firefighters and residents say an apartment fire in New York City has killed a woman and her adult son and sent neighbors running to the roof to escape.The blaze erupted…

Carbon monoxide poisoning left two tenants unconscious

BREWER, Maine (AP) — Carbon monoxide poisoning left two tenants unconscious and sickened many more in a 31-unit apartment complex, fire officials said. Officials believe a separated vent pipe from a new water heater allowed the colorless,…

Summer of Exposure - Carbon Monoxide Symptoms

Yesterday we talked about the fourteen things that RV users can do to prevent being exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning. Today we are going to review what symptoms a person with carbon monoxide might have. Since, carbon monoxide is odorless,…

Fourteen Safety Tips For RV User to Help Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Since it is important for RV users to know how they can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning we have found a useful list of recommendations to ensure RV travelers are safer.This information came from Carbon Monoxide Kills, a site that started the…

Summer of Exposure - - To Carbon Monoxide

Five days ago officials from the NASCAR race warned fans who were traveling with a recreational vehicle (RV) about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. A local health department in Indiana was also at Indianapolis Motor Speedway handing…

Water Pump Causes Carbon Monoxide Death Again

Once again, a portable engine in a poorly ventilated place has caused carbon monoxide poisoning and death. This time, it was inside a gold mine in O'Neals, CA. See http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id;=6154061According to…

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning kills Two Carpet Cleaners

Just when it seems like the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is lessened because of the ending of the winter heating season, another story comes across to remind us that any time you operate an engine in confined areas, the risk exists.According…