Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Wisconsin Leaves One Dead

One man was found dead in a cabin in Reeseville, WI late Monday, and one other man was found in serious condition, according to the Watertown Daily times. The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call to check on the welfare of two men staying in a rural Reeseville cabin in Wisconsin.

One of the men’s family members reported to the police that they were due back after a weekend trip of deer hunting. The family member reported that they were not able to reach the men by phone.

When deputies arrived to the cabin, they did not receive a response when they knocked on the door, but saw a scene inside the cabin through the window. One of the men was lying unresponsive on the floor.

They called emergency medical services and forced entry into the cabin, where they found one man dead and another men with a potentially life-threatening problem. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment, and was later transferred to an intensive care unit in Madison.

The deceased man was 46 and from Milwaukee. The other man was his father, a 69-year-old also from Milwaukee. The father’s condition is not known yet.

The Dodge County medical examiner will be investigating the death of the man with the sheriff’s office. Although the article does not definitively state the cause of death, one of the possible explanations is carbon monoxide poisoning.

If it caused the death of his son, the effects of the carbon monoxide on the older man were most likely serious.

In addition to the problems he faces right now, he may face brain damage in the coming weeks. This is a result of the toxins that were not exhausted that will keep on poisoning the brain in the weeks following the incident.

The emergency response was a collaboration between Waterloo Fire and EMS, Lifestar Paramedics, and the Reeseville, Lowell, and Clyman fire departments, in addition to the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *