The owner of a Kingsport, Tenn., automobile paint shop — known for appearing in local commercials — was found suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning Friday morning at his business, according to the Times News.

 http://www.timesnews.net/article/9065689/bill-mcconnell-suffers-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-at-kingsport-paint-shop

Bill McConnell was taken from his establishment, Bill McConnell Paint and Body Shop, to Holston Valley Medical Center, where he was in stable condition. A dog that McConnell kept on his premises was killed by the carbon monoxide that sickened McConnell.

A little bit before 8 a.m. an employee found McConnell mumbling, and that he had had also vomited, the Times News reported. McConnell sometimes stayed overnight at his shop because he lived out of state, the paper said.

EMTs were called to the scene, and apparently at that point McConnell was more coherent.

The Kingsport Fire Department suspected that the source of the carbon monoxide was “gas-powered equipment in the garage area, which was not burning off property,” the Times News wrote. The entire building had to be fully ventilated.

 

 

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.