Three people in Falls Church, Va., had to be hospitalized Wednesday for carbon monoxide poisoning after a faulty furnace leaked the lethal gas, according to WTOP-TV. Their apartment building was evacuated.

http://www.wtop.com/149/3398640/Carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-Falls-Church-sends-3-to-hospital

Fairfax County EMTs were called to the Baileys Crossroads apartment building at Malibu Circle at 2:30 a.m., the TV station reported. Several of the residents has symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, including nausea and dizziness.

A man and woman were taken to INOVA Fairfax Hospital, while another man was sent to Arlington Hospital. Authorities told WTOP-TV that the three were going to recover.

Residents in the apartment building were evacuated after firefighters tested and found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. The building was ventilated, WTOP-TV said.

Workers from Washington Gas were called to the scene and found that a faulty furnace was the source of the carbon monoxide.

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.