I love hearing these kinds of stories. A pet once again saved its human family from certain death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

This incident happened Thursday night in Bristol, Va., where the dog Buster Brown came to the rescue, according to WBIR-TV.


The dog came into the room of his owner, Michael Carr, and woke him up. After that alert from Buster Brown, Carr got out of bed and found his girlfriend, who was unconscious on a set of stairs, WBIR reported.

Carr ran out of his house to get help, and saw what was described as “a life-saving crew” by WBIR, which I assume was an EMT crew. He stopped it, and the EMTs helped evacuate everyone in his house.

Six people were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning,  WBIR said.

The source of the carbon monoxide was apparently a generator in Carr’s basement.

Carr credited Buster Brown with saving the lives of everyone in his house, and so do I.




0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *