More than two dozen workers and one firefighter were sent to the hospital for treatment Monday after a carbon monoxide leak at a tortilla chip factory in North Carolina, according to the Gaston Gazette.

The cause of the apparent leak at the R.W. Garcia plant in Lincolnton was under investigation.

Workers at the facility called 911 around noon after one of them became sick, the Gazette reported. Soon a number of employees working in an office area began to experience the typical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, namely headaches and nausea.

Authorities detected high levels of carbon monoxide at the plant, and they evacuated it.

It turned out that 27 workers and one firefighter were sent to the hospital, with 10 workers testing to have high levels of carbon monoxide in their blood, according to the Gazette.






0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.