You run a hotel where an elderly married couple died several months ago, and toxicology reports are still pending on their deaths. But carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected. Yet you rent out that same room where they died, and an 11-year-old dies there this weekend.

You can’t make this stuff up.

In Boone, N.C., Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill died Saturday at the local Best Western. He had been exposed to carbon monoxide, and an autopsy determined that he died of asphyxiation, according to WCNC. His mother Jeannie, 49, was hospitalized and woke up from a coma Sunday.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Police-Couple-found-dead-in-Boone-hotel-also-exposed-to-carbon-monoxide-210892921.html

The Best Western was evacuated Saturday in the wake of Willis’s death.

Williams was found dead in the same room where the bodies of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins were discovered in April, according to WCNC. Toxicology results on the Jenkins were just released, and confirmed that they perished from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to WCNC, the Best Western had been ordered to address a ventilation problem in an equipment room by a local inspector prior to all three deaths at the hotel. Officials wouldn’t comment on whether the violation had been fixed.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Health-inspector-ordered-correction-to-ventilation-in-Boone-Best-Western-before-three-deaths-210891291.html

The room where everyone died is directly above an equipment room that had a natural gas heater for an enclosed indoor pool.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.