More than two dozen people were evacuated from an apartment complex in a suburb of Syracuse, N.Y., Sunday, due to a carbon monoxide leak, according to CNYCentral.com. At least a handful of people were hospitalized, the website reported, adding that it was the second such leak in the past three days.

 http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=907579#.UbVNGdh9tvR

The incident happened at the Breckenridge Apartments at Arlington Circle in Clay at roughly 10 a.m, CNYCentral reported. The local fire department responded to the scene and evacuated 21 adults and five children, and at least three out of the group were hospitalized.

Authorities traced the source of the carbon monoxide to a hot water heater that wasn’t correctly ventilated. According to the story, the law only requires the apartment complex to have a carbon monoxide detector in common areas, not in each apartment unit.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.