One of the two people who were hospitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday while boating has died, according to the San Luis Obispo Tribune.
The victim was Sandy Valencia, 23, of Salinas, Calif., according to a press release from the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Department.
The release said that Valencia was declared legally dead Monday, but had been kept on life support until Thursday, when an organ donation procedure was completed.
Valencia and an unidentified man were boating on Lake Nacimiento, and apparently got carbon monoxide poisoning by sitting in the back of boat near the engine exhaust. When sheriff’s officers and Monterey County Park Rangers on patrol were flagged down, Valencia was not breathing. The responders initiated CPR.
Both victims were transported to a local hospital.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!