Dozens of guests at a hotel in Oshkosh, Wis., were evacuated Monday morning because of a carbon monoxide leak, according to The Oshkosh Northwestern.

Oshkosh firefighters responded to the Hilton Garden Inn on West 20th Avenue shortly before 5 a.m. after a carbon monoxide detector went off, the local newspaper reported. The first responders found high levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel using their testing meters.

Additional personnel were then sent to the hotel, with 19 firefighters and five ambulances called to the scene. The responders evacuated people from the hotel’s 41 occupied rooms, according to The Northwestern.

Guests were examined to determine if they had any signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, and none did, the newspaper said. Firefighters ventilated the hotel.

The potentially lethal gas leaked from an area that housed the hotel’s mechanicals and laundry equipment, authorities discovered. Hilton had the proper repairs made and the Hilton Garden Inn reopened.



0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *