The U.S. Army is being sued for $124 million by the families of five people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a trailer at the Clarksville Speedway in Tennessee, according to The Tennessean.

 http://www.theleafchronicle.com/viewart/20130501/NEWS01/305010019/

The victims had rented their trailer from an Army RV rental business on Sept. 16, 2011. The next night, the group operated a generator outside of the trailer in order to run an air conditioner. Their bodies were discovered the next morning, The Tennessean reported.

The  lawsuit charges that Gear-to-Go, the Army business, was negligent by failing to put new batteries in the trailer’s carbon monoxide detector, according to the newspaper.

The five victims were members of Bikers Who Care, a charity that aids needy children. They are themselves survived by 13 kids. They were at the speedway to watch the 30th annual Leslie W. Watson Memorial Toy Run.

The Tennessean reported that the deceased were: Timothy Bryan Stone, 39; James Franklin Wall II, 38, and his girlfriend Allison Bagwell-Wyatt, 32; Jonathan Michael Over, 27, and his wife Kathryn Over, 27.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.