Carbon Monoxide Sends 15 Ala. Hotel Guests To Hospital

A carbon monoxide leak at a Birmingham, Ala., hotel sent 15 guests to the hospital for treatment Friday, according to WIAT-TV.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/15-guests-at-Birmingham-hotel-treated-for-carbon/BDBQeW5_70mbg122MdCg5Q.cspx

The incident happened at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Country Club at about 6:30 a.m. Firefighters were called to the scene when one of the hotel guests was found unconscious and was revived after being administered oxygen, the TV station reported.

When the emergency responders arrived they found another 10 guests had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, including headaches and feeling sick to their stomachs.

Along with those 11 guests, a family with four people that came down with flu-like symptoms were advised to seek medical treatment, which they did.

According to WIAT-TV, authorities suspect that the source of the carbon monoxide was a faulty heating unit that had bad ducts.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *