Seven Lansing, Mich., residents suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday were flown to Grand Rapids to undergo treatment in a hyperbaric chamber, according to The Grand Rapids Press.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/03/lansing_residents_flown_to_gra.html

Lansing firefighters were summoned to a house on Tenny Street early Wednesday morning after several residents said they felt sick. The responders found high levels of carbon monoxide, 300 parts per million compared with the normal reading of 10 parts per million, The Press reported.

Consumers Energy workers were called to the scene, and they discovered that the home’s furnace had a crack in its exhaust vent and was the source of the carbon monoxide leak. The house’s residents said that they had the furnace repaired the day before, Tuesday, according to The Press.

I’d ask for a refund for that work if I lived in that house.

Responders evacuated the residents and brought them to a local hospital.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.