Kudos to Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy, whose Nutmeg State was slammed by the snow storm that hit the East Coast Friday.
Parts of Connecticut got as much as 40 inches of snow, and the governor had ordered a travel ban in the state.
During a press conference Saturday morning, Malloy also offered some safety tips about ways to avoid carbon monoxide for residents, according to the Connecticut Mirror.
The governor advised residents to check and make sure that all vents on their homes were clear of snow, to stop potentially lethal carbon monoxide from backing up into their homes and killing them.
Malloy also urged residents using generators for emergency power to vent those machines outside of their homes, not in their garages, so that CO would not back into their residences.
That advice may have saved some lives this weekend.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!