Two women in Queens, N.Y., were hospitalized Monday for carbon monoxide poisoning following a suspected boiler leak, according to WABC-TV.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8944932

The two female victims, one in her 20s and one in her 50s, were overcome by the potentially lethal fumes at a house in Ozone Park shortly before 8 a.m., WABC reported. The victims were taken from the house and sent to Jamaica Medical Center, where they underwent treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.

They were in critical condition, according to WABC.

Authorities suspect that the carbon monoxide came from a boiler, the TV station reported. There weren’t any carbon monoxide detectors in the home.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.