Dog Saves Utah Mom, Daughter From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This isn’t the first time I’ve written about this kind of thing, and I’m sure it won’t be the last. Once again, a vigilant pooch has saved its owner from carbon monoxide poisoning, avoiding tragedy.

In the most recent case, the hero was a 4-year-old chihuahua in West Jordan, Utah, according to the Deseret News. The dog, named Snow, had been taken home from the Humane Society of Utah by Tonya Ostrander in October on a trial basis.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865568997/4-year-old-Chihuahua-finds-a-home-after-saving-family.html

She was looking for a pet for her legally blind daughter, Chehala Moore, 9, the Deseret News reported, and was giving Snow a tryout.

On Dec. 10 at 2:30 a.m. Snow began barking and woke up Ostrander and her daughter. Both of them felt sick, with the same symptoms, and Ostrander wisely called an ambulance,  according to the Deseret News.

Physicians tested both mother and daughter and found that they had high levels of carbon monoxide in their bodies. After being given oxygen, after several hours the two were both released.

In an interview with the Deseret News, Ostrander credited Snow with saving her life and that of her daughter.

Needless to say, Snow made the grade. Ostrander formally adopted her from the Humane Society Dec. 13, after renaming her Snowee.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *