Carbon Monoxide Makes 30 Ill At Boston Spa

One can’t help but marvel at the irony: 30 people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday at a place in Boston named the Exhale Spa.

The ill, who displayed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, were treated at the scene at the spa in the Back Bay section of Boston, according to WHDH.com.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12009270643270/30-treated-after-carbon-monoxide-leak-at-boston-spa/

Firefighters responded to the spa around 2 p.m. and checked out about 30 people who had been exposed to the lethal gas, which apparently had leaked from a gas-dryer or hot water heater, WHDH.com reported. Eight people were taken to New England Medical Center and Mass General for treatment.

High levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the spa’s basement.

Needless to say, Massachusetts doesn’t require businesses to have carbon monoxide detectors.

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *