A carbon monoxide leak sickened two people in apartments in Wilmington, Del., Wednesday, sending them to the hospital, according to Delaware Online.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012311260057&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Right before 10 a.m. an ambulance responded to the building on North Harrison Street, where EMTs initially found one person had been overcome by carbon monoxide, Delaware Online reported. Firefighters were called to the scene, and they did tests and found high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

They searched the premises, and found another resident who was overcome by the lethal gas on the third floor of the building, according to Delaware Online.

Both victims were transported to Wilmington Hospital.

Firefighters also tested an adjacent building for carbon monoxide and found deadly levels of the gas there, too, Delaware Online reported.

Authorities suspect that a gas hot water heater was the cause of the high carbon monoxide levels.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.