One Dead, Another Critical, From Carbon Monoxide In Colorado

One man died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and a second was in critical condition, Sunday after an apparent leak of the deadly gas at an apartment complex in Colorado Springs, according to The Gazette.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/monoxide-145635-one-critical.html

The incident happened at the Peak Vista Apartments on Potter Drive, where local firefighters responding to a 911 call found two unconscious men, The Gazette reported. The rescuers were unable to revive one of the victims, who was declared dead at the scene. The second victim was brought to a local hospital and put in a hyperbaric chamber, according to The Gazette.

Firefighters came to the building, which has 12 apartments, after its carbon monoxide alarms were set off, The Gazette reported. The emergency workers found high levels of carbon monoxide in the building, but the source of the gas wasn’t known.

Colorado Springs Utilities and the firm that maintains the apartment’s furnace were both called to the scene to try to find the source of the deadly gas, according to The Gazette.

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *