Illinois Man, Son Apparently Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A man and his 4-year-old son were found dead in their home in Yorkville, Ill., apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Beacon News.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/15966912-418/coroner-carbon-monoxide-factor-in-boy-fathers-death.html

On Friday the Kendall County Coroner said that an autopsy determined that Joseph Schmitt, 35, and his son Wyland had both breathed “a significant” amount of carbon monoxide, the Beacon News reported. Although police aren’t labeling it as such yet, it may be a murder-suicide, according to the newspaper.

The bodies were found in Schmitt’s garage, where two lawn chairs had been placed near a car. The dead boy was sitting in one chair in his pajamas, while his dad was on the ground. Schmitt’s car was also in the garage, but was not running when police responded to the scene, according to the Beacon News.

Schmitt was separated from his wife Kyle Weber, who had filed for divorce. They had a court date the end of next month.

 

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *