An autopsy has determined that a Eau Claire, Wis., woman found in her home after a fire died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Leader-Telegram.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/front_page/article_910ca61c-0ddb-11e2-aab9-001a4bcf887a.html

Cheryl Lechner, 47, was discovered in the basement of her house at East Hamilton Avenue when firefighters responded to the scene about 1:30 p.m. Monday. She couldn’t be resuscitated , the Leader-Telegram reported.

Authorities are still investigating Lechner’s death, with members of the local police department, the Wisconsin Department of Justice’s Division of Criminal Investigation and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms at the scene, according to the Leader-Telegram.

Apparently, police have ruled out a faulty furnace or water heater as the source of the lethal carbon monoxide.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.