Nearly 20 people were evacuated from a Phoenix apartment building Saturday night when carbon monoxide from a car left running in a garage infiltrated the complex, according to MyFoxPhoenix.com.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19557459/running-car-fills-phx-condos-with-carbon-monoxide

Four of the 18 people evacuated from the Los Colinas condos near 27th Street and Carefree Highway were sent to the hospital. Another three residents were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene, reported MyFoxPhoenix.com.

Authorities believe that a car was left running by a woman, 73, in the complex’s garage for about five hours, and the lethal gas seeped into the apartments. That elderly woman got home at 5 p.m., and her husband found her unconscious in their unit at 10 p.m., MyFoxPhoenix.com reported.

Apparently, the complex didn’t have carbon monoxide detectors.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.