Ohio Family Files Suit Over Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

An northern Ohio family that suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning is suing the company that it alleges improperly put in its new furnace, according to The News Herald.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/08/13/news/doc502943e54e1c6914516191.txt?viewmode=fullstory

The lawsuit was filed by Denise and Patrick Eustace of Mentor, Ohio, against Anderson Heating-Cooling Inc., which is also based in Mentor. The action was filed Friday in Lake County Common Pleas Court, The News Herald reported.

As a result of the carbon monoxide leak from the new furnace, the suit charges that Denise Eustace began having headaches, memory loss, facial twitching and loss of balance, the newspaper said. She now has permanent vision deterioration as a result of the carbon monoxide poisoning, the lawsuit alleges, according to The News Herald.

In February last year, the Eustace family bought a Lennox energy-efficient furnace from Anderson. But the suit charges that the furnace was improperly installed, and that carbon monoxide leaked from it, according to The News Herald.

The day after Anderson installed the furnace, it began leaking water. Anderson employees came to repair it, but didn’t realize that it was leaking carbon monoxide, the suit alleges.

Patrick Eustace, and he and Denise’s daughter, also suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the lawsuit.

The plaintiffs are asking for $150,000 in damages, The News Herald reported.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *