Seven people in West Bloomfield, Mich., were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning after running a generator in their home’s garage, according to the Daily Tribune.

http://www.dailytribune.com/article/20120706/NEWS01/120709720/seven-hospitalized-with-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-%28with-video%29

The incident happened last Tuesday afternoon, when responders were called to a home on Norma Lee Drive, which is near Maple and Drake roads. When firefighters tested inside the house for carbon monoxide levels, they had a high reading, of 500 parts per million, the Daily Tribune reported.

The family at the residence had put its generator on at 4:30 a.m. after storms damaged power lines, cutting off electricity to the house and its neighborhood in West Bloomfield. In fact, power  was expected to be off in West Bloomfield until this weekend.

Seven people in the home felt ill, and were transported to local hospitals for treatment, according to the Daily Tribune.

Fire officials used to incident as an opportunity to warn area residents not to keep generators running in their garages.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.