A bird’s nest was almost lethal in a town in Wisconsin late last Thursday night.

Eight people in Dodgeville, Wis., were taken to a hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Associated Press.

http://gazettextra.com/weblogs/latest-news/2012/jul/27/8-taken-hospital-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/

Police were called to the scene after someone was reportedly suffering a seizure, AP said. Authorities discovered that residents of the home, including five children, were showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Eight people were transported to Upland Hills Hospital, included the police officer who first arrived at the home, according to AP.

And here’s the kicker: A bird’s nest apparently was blocking an outside air intake, causing carbon monoxide levelt to rise in the house.

e

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.