Five Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Florida Apartment Building

Five people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday at an apartment complex in DeLand, Fla., according to Central Florida News 13.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/14/_5_treated_for_carbo.html

Local firefighters came to the scene at roughly 3 p.m. when a carbon monoxide alarm sounded at the Taylor Place Apartment on South Woodland Boulevard, News 13 reported. There were five people outside the complex, and they were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene.

The carbon monoxide came from a gas cooking stove that apparently wasn’t vented properly, according to News 13.

Responders had a gas monitor, and determined that there were very high levels of carbon monoxide in one of the apartments. Firefighters promptly shut off the gas going to the apartment and ventilated the building, News 13 reported.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *