Connecticut Wednesday passed a bill that mandates carbon monoxide detectors be installed temporarily at homes undergoing alterations if they have a fireplace, fuel-burning appliance or attached garage, according to the Associated Press.–Smoke-Detectors/

The bill, which also requires that smoke detectors be installed in homes undergoing additions or other work, has  been passed by both chambers of the Nutmeg State’s Legislature. The state Senate approved the bill Wednesday, AP reported.

The legislation was prompted by a Christmas Day tragedy in Stamford, where a couple and their three granddaughters died in a fire at a home that was undergoing work.

The new law lets the Commissioner of Construction Services launch initiatives to make citizens aware of the dangers of not having carbon monoxide or smoke detectors installed in homes, AP said.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *