Carbon Monoxide Leak At Arena Sends 50 To Hospital

Roughly 50 people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning following a hockey game in an arena in Canada, according to CTV News.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120507/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-bc-arena-120507/

The incident happened Saturday in Kamloops, British Columbia, and the carbon monoxide apparently came from a boiler. It was shut off and repairs are being made to it, CTV News reported.

The Canadian Coast Guard had played the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and after that sporting event attendees at the game starting coming to a local hospital complaining of symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They were still turning up at the hospital Monday morning.

The hospital said it had treated about 50 people, according to CTV News, and three remained in emergency.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *