West Virginia Hotel Faces Third Lawsuit Over Fatal Carbon Monoxide Leak

A third lawsuit has been filed over a carbon monoxide leak at a Charleston, W.Va., hotel that killed one guest and injured other lodgers.

The newest suit was filed April 10 by Shirley and Tony Linn, who live in Patterson, La., according to The State Law Journal. The lawsuit charges that Shirley was permanently injured after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites.

http://www.statejournal.com/story/17514669/three-lawsuits-filed-in-south-charleston-carbon-monoxide-leak

There was also a suit filed earlier this month by Bain and Dawn Edmondson. That action alleges that Bain sustained personal injuries from the Jan. 30-31 carbon monoxide leak at the Holiday Inn.

The first lawsuit filed in the incident, lodged on March 14, was by Louise Moran. She is the widow of William Moran, who was killed at the hotel. He and Edmondson were sharing a room at the hotel in South Charleston. They were in town to do work on a hangar at Yeager Airport.

The three lawsuits name as defendants: Pikes Inc.; Holiday Inn Express Hotel; general manager Manisha Patel; Premier Pools and employees Steve and Karen Combs; Holiday Hospitality Franchising Inc.; Intercontinental Hotels Group Resources Inc.; and Intercontinental Hotel Group PLLC.

The lawsuits allege that Premier, while replacing the hotel’s pool heater, disconnected a vent pipe. Carbon monoxide then seeped from the pool area to hotel rooms, according to the suit.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *