Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam last week signed into a law a bill that mandates that all lease or rental recreational vehicles in the state have working carbon monoxide detectors, according to Clarksville Online.


The bill was prompted a horrendous accidental carbon-monoxide poisoning incident last year, when five people died in a  recreational vehicle while at a charity event in Clarksville, Tenn.

The survivors of several of the victims were at the ceremony last Wednesday where the governor signed the bill. That group included Christine and Ed Watson, who lost their daughter and son-in-law, according to Clarksville Online.

The new law mandates that lease and rental agreements now include a clause guaranteeing that the recreational vehicle has a working carbon monoxide detector. “Companies can be held liable for violating the requirement,” according to Clarksville Online.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *