Five people from a home in Santa Maria, Calif., Sunday morning were taken to hospitals for treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Santa Maria Times.

http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/people-taken-to-hospitals-for-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/article_9938e56e-7117-11e1-a7e4-001871e3ce6c.html

The Santa Maria Fire Department responded to a report of a gas leak at roughly 4 a.m. at a single-family home on East Alvin Avenue, the local newspaper reported.

When they arrived the responders saw a adult male stagger out of the home’s front door. The firefighters then evacuated two children and two more adults from the house.

All five people were conscious, but said they felt sick and had headaches, according to the Santa Maria Times. The two adults who were most ill were taken to Marian Regional Medical Center, while the remaining adult and two children were transported to Lompoc Valley Medical Center.

Southern California Gas Co. came to the house to help find the source of the gas leak, and believe that the carbon monoxide came from a forced-air heating unit, the Santa Maria Times reported. That unit was on.

Firefighters used fans to clear the deadly CO gas from the house, which didn’t have a working carbon monoxide detector.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.