A carbon monoxide leak in a Baltimore apartment resulted in seven people being sent to the hospital Sunday, according to The Baltimore Sun.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-carbon-monoxide-20120129,0,6184580.story

The Baltimore Fire Department was called to the scene, an apartment on Edgewood Road, when someone reported an odor in the building. Residents said they had headaches, and authorities determined that the carbon monoxide level was 60 parts per million, The Baltimore Sun reported. That’s a high enough level to cause symptoms to those exposed to it.

Four residents were sent to the University of Maryland and three to Johns Hopkins Hospital for treatment. Their exposure wasn’t life-threatening, according to the local newspaper. 

Fire officials hadn’t found the cause of the carbon monoxide leak.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.