Chicago Thanksgiving Party Ends Up With 20 Ill From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

When are people going to learn this lesson: Don’t use a grill inside your home.

On Thanksgiving night 20 people at a party in Chicago got carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Chicago Tribune.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-11-24/news/chi-20-people-suffer-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-20111124_1_carbon-monoxide-poisoning-thanksgiving-party-area-hospitals

And how did they get poisoned by that potentially lethal gas?

Someone was using a grill inside a home on West Roscoe Street in the Kilbourn Park neighborhood where the incident took place. Were they trying to grill the bird like a hamburger?

Seven people were sent to West Suburban Medical Center and Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, and another 13 were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene, according to the Tribune.

The incident happened before 11 p.m.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *