How many times has this tragedy played out this winter, one of the worse the country has seen in many years?

Four people, a mother and her three children, died of carbon monoxide poisoning last week in Toledo, Ohio. 

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=8029564&pt=print

They were living in a rented house with no heat or electricity, and were using a gas-powered generator to run a space heater, according to published reports.

The deceased were Tamara McDonald, 39; Damien Reyes, 18; Domonique Reyes, 16; and Taralynn Wood, 10. Their bodies were discovered Wednesday on the first floor of their house on Hamilton Street.

The family’s pet dog was also killed by the poisonous carbon monoxide gas.

This scene has happened again and again this winter. Lesson to be learned: Do not used gas-powered generators inside a home to heat it.     

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.