Three Dozen People Fall Ill From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Banquet Hall

Roughly three dozen people became sick at a banquet hall in Upstate New York from carbon monoxide poisoning this weekend.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wbfo/news.newsmain/article/1/0/1759157/WBFO.News/Carbon.monoxide.at.banquet.hall.sickens.three.dozen.people

The incident took place at the Masonic Community Center on Union Road in Cheektowaga, N.Y., during a fundraising dinner that more than 150 people attended Saturday night.

The hall’s carbon monoxide detector went off, but by that time at lease 35 people had already become sick and had to be examined for carbon monoxide poisoning. They felt better after they went outside and got fresh air, but one youth had to be hospitalized.

Authorities believe that a faulty burner on a stove was responsible for the carbon monoxide leak.  

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *