Eleven students and a staff member at a Vermont school were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday, according to the Associated Press. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/06/AR2011010603080.html

The poisoning took place at a school in Putney, Vt., which was evacuated. The sick students were taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, with some already released and the rest expected to be released.

According to AP, 25 children were hospitalized in Waterbury, Conn., earlier this week aftter a carbon monoxide leak. And at a New Hampshire prep school 11 students were hospitalized after breathing nitrogen dioxide at a hockey rink.  

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.