Four Family Members Killed By Carbon Monoxide In Their California Home

Here’s a scene that will be played out again and again during the winter when poor people’s electricity is turned off.

Four family members were found dead in their Oakhurst, Calif., home Sunday, victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

 http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17122304?nclick_check=1

 The victims were Diana Montoya, 60; Bruce John Frederick Hargett, 35; Alexis Montoya, 10; and Jayden Montoya, 8, according to the Associated Press.

A sheriff’s department official said that carbon monoxide fumes from a gas-powered generator did in the family, whose electricity was shut off  last week.

A fan that was supposed to whisk the fumes from the generator out of the home wasn’t plugged in, according to authorities. And two of the home’s external crawl space vents were covered with insulation, AP reported.      

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *